Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friends and fun

Friday I took the kids to Jumping Jacks, which is an indoor bounce house place. It was their grand re-opening so it was a free day and they had free hot dogs and balloons. Mara had a blast, and was really good whenever I called her, so I was very happy about that. Asher, who doesn't like to bounce, was a little stinker and kept running around while I was trying to keep an eye on Mara. I kept trying to hold him to keep him by me but he kept kicking and kneeing me in the stomach, which really hurts when you're pregnant, so I finally gave up and we just went outside for a hot dog.
Friday night we went over to our friend's house that used to be in our ward. They have a daughter just 2 weeks older than Mara, and they were the best of friends. It was a lot of fun. We made pizza and visited, the kids played, and we all played Rock Band. I must have worn the kids out good during the day because by the time we got home Mara was asking to go to bed. We said she needed to brush her teeth and she said if she did it would make her want to go to bed even more. She just wanted to go straight in there. Which was funny because it was only an hour past their normal bedtime, and they are usually still awake by then playing in their beds anyway. But within three minutes they were both just conked right out. So that was good, it's nice to wear them out once in a while.

No comments: