Monday, September 29, 2008

What a fun weekend!

What a nice weekend we had. On friday, my dad had a doctor's appointment here in town so he stayed the night. I made yummy chicken burritos (soo good!) and we had my cousin Jacob come over too. Jacob moved here from Iowa about a year ago. We didn't get to see each other much when we were kids since we moved around a lot and lived overseas. It's nice to have him close by. He's a fun guy, and Tim really likes him, so that's good. The two of them are actually going to a movie on thursday. Anyway, so we had dinner and talked Jacob into playing pinochle with us. It was really a lot of fun. We stayed up late playing cards.

Saturday we went to Thanksgiving Point. The corn maze was only $1 with this coupon I had, and it included entrance into the whole thing. There was a kiddie area, a bouncy thing, gemstone mining.

Here is all of us sitting in a giant rocking chair.








Mara in the princess carriage.




Asher resting on the bouncy bubble.

I wish I had more and better pictures. These were taken with my phone. I desperately want a new, nice camera. The one I have has been a big dissapointment. I want one of the nice Nikons, or a Cannon. I would love to take lots of pictures of my kids and family and do cool editing stuff and photography junk. Anyway, lol, off subject.

Oh Also, Grandpa bought us all Utah sweatshirts. :) So nice. Asher looks absolutely adorable in a hoodie, and Mara loves her pink sweatshirt, and Tim and I have cool black ones.

I also got a new kitchen table, which I love. It's huge, and comes with two leaves (one I have in) and can get all the way up to 7ft. Our last one was just a little pressed wood one that my parents bought in 1986. Ha ha! It needs a little bit of work, so I am going to try to learn how to refinish it, but it is a good, sturdy table, with benches instead of chairs. It takes up quite a bit more space, but I think I am ok with it, and it just feels so nice and homey sitting at it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That looks like you had a wonderful weekend. So much fun! I love Pinochle (sp)

Emily J