Saturday, September 20, 2008

April's recommendations

Things you need to watch. I keep forgetting movies I think are great that people need to see, so I'll just let you know.

First, Dr. Horrible's sing-a-long blog. This is just hilarious. Neil Patrick Harris sings in this little mini musical. Joss Whedon (Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)wrote and directed it. The music and lyrics are just amazing, (check out the song by Dr. Horrible in Act 3. I think it's my fave.) and the actors are so funny. Joss Whedon just decided to do this project during the writer's strike. It is three acts that are about 15 minutes long. You can see them on youtube.

Secondly, while we're on the subject of Neil Patrick Harris, you should be watching How I Met Your Mother. That show is sooo funny. They carry jokes so well, the writing is funny, and the actors are great. You should be watching.

Season premieres are coming up. The Office is next thursday. How I Met Your Mother is on monday. Pushing Daisies is October 1st. You should be watching these shows, or at least renting the dvd's and starting to watch them. That's how I usually do it. Matt and I just started 30 Rock, which we really like so far.

Death at a Funeral. Matt and I watched this the other day. Hilarious.

That's all I have for now. :)

No comments: