Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Other people thing my kids are cute, too!

Lol. We took the kids to this open casting call/model and talent search, just for fun yesterday. Once we got there and started (even a little bit before), I was just convinced that Asher was going to get in, because that kid is just the smiliest, sweetest, happiest little guy. Mara was being a little weird so I figured she really didn't have a shot. We get done and they come back in to give the kids that they want to come back a paper, and Mara was actually picked! I think had we gone earlier in the day, Asher would have gotten in, but we had to wait for Tim to get home from work. By the time they were talking to and looking at Asher, he was hungry, and getting tired, and just wanted to get down and play. I know they thought he was adorable as far as looks go (I heard both of the people say it) but as far as the qualities and characteristics they were looking for, like being passive and mellow, a kid that will be good on long boring shoots and sets, he didn't seem to fit that. I can totally understand that, he was being a bit fussy. Some of the parents seemed really pissed, and seemed to take it personally, like the guy was calling their kid ugly. He reiterated several times that he is hired to look for certain traits (I'm sure like mood, personality, how the kid would photograph)but they still seemed to get upset. It was kind of funny. It seemed like quite a few of the parents there were just trying to get their kids famous and ride them to Hollywood, you know. We just kind of went for fun, and Mara was excited about it. I personally think my kids are adorable, as everyone thinks about their own kid, and I thought they had a good shot so I'm glad we went. I go back tonight to watch an informative video about the process, and then we think they will have Mara come back for a screen test. Fun!

1 comment:

Deb, Dave, and The Boys said...

Dude that's pretty awesome! Both of your kids are adorable. :) Let me know how it goes. Oh yeah- I have to bring you pumpkin bread this week. :)