Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mara's Birthday

Mara's birthday was on thursday. She is 5 already, I can't believe it. On friday she got to go and pick out a birthday present with her money from her great grandpa, which she was just so excited to do. She picked a Littlest Pet Shop Clubhouse.
We decided to have a kind of impromptu party for her on saturday. We had a nice little indoor barbeque with just some of Tim's friends. Of course once it started I thought of all these other people I should or could have invited, but it was just a small little thing to make her feel special without really having a huge blowout. Just some hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit salad, cake and ice cream. She had a great time. Tim's friends all brought her presents, even though he didn't call them until the night before. (He is so last minute on everything, drives me nuts) And they totally didn't have to but of course she was thrilled. Jesse and Ann had their new baby Sagan with them, who was just born in March. Mara doted on him and even Asher was enthralled. And Sagan just stared and stared at me when I held him. He's a cutie. Tim accused me of being baby hungry..7 months pregnant dude, the jig is up. Then we all played Rock Band for a bit, and I sent Mara on a treasure hunt to find the present I had for her. She really enjoyed that. I just had ten little clues that led to her present, which was just 5 bracelets that I made for her. She has been getting a little into wanting to wear jewelry, so she was excited. She wore all 5 of them together for the rest of the day. That was pretty much the day. I bathed the kids and they went to bed. Mara said it was the "bestest, most funnest birthday" she's ever had. She's pretty easy to please sometimes. :)

No comments: