Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of those days

Yes moms. You know what that means. Yesterday was one of those days. My kids were downstairs in the playroom. Not unusual. They usually play there for about 15 minutes in the morning after they wake up until the girl I watch gets here. I was in my room and I hear Asher start screaming crying. I ask Mara why he was crying and she said it was because he probably got thorns in his feet.
ME: What do you mean he has thorns in his feet?
It's about here I realize that his feet and hands are red and freezing.
ME: Why are his hands cold??
MARA: Because he was outside.
ME: What do you mean he was outside??
MARA: We were outside playing.
ME: How did you get outside??
MARA: We climbed through the window.
ME: WHAT?? It's freezing outside!!! You climbed through the window?? Brother's hands and feet are FREEZING!
MARA: Well, I put gloves on.

So she took the time to put boots and gloves on herself, maybe a coat. But they were out there for who knows how long (although it couldn't have been THAT long. I'm not negligent.) The playroom is in the basement. The window is by the ceiling. She constructed a tower of sorts on top of the couch to climb up and out of the window, helping Asher get out too. They played outside for a bit before climbing back IN the window.

So that was the morning, all before 9. Then they were just wired, Asher especially. Running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Fast forward to later, when Asher wakes up from his nap. Usually he comes out of his room by himself, but instead he was crying. I go in and there is a poopy diaper on the floor and Asher is standing by the door shivering. He took his diaper off, went back to sleep on the floor and then peed and started to shiver because he got cold. Seriously??

Then the rest of my day was spilled drinks (4 of them!!), crying, fighting, tattling, and just extreme neediness. I was about ready to lose my mind.

2 comments:

Deb, Dave, and The Boys said...

This is what I have to expect? (I can do this, I can do this, I can do this).

Your kids are awesome (seriously). :)

The Wildes said...

Lol, at Burger King tonight Tim was ordering himself something and I was cleaning up our food garbage and Asher took off, opened the door, and ran into the parking lot laughing hysterically.