Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What a crappy day

Ugggggghhhh. So this morning while I was downstairs the little monkeys got into some rice krispies. This was purely for fun, since I had already given them both breakfast and neither one of them had eaten that. They took the whole box, about 3/4of the way full, and dumped it all over the living room and on the couch. I took them to the park for lunch and when we came home I gave them a popsicle and started to clean the kitchen. I did the dishes, wiped the counters, wiped down the walls and cabinets/surfaces in the kitchen and dining room, cleaned off the table and wiped the whole thing (and the benches) down, cleaned off the fridge and stove, and swept and mopped. I also vacuumed all the cereal in the living room and out of the couch and cleaned the living room. By the time I was done with everything I had been cleaning for a little over three hours. It was time to rest so I told Mara I was going to go relax for a bit and that her and Asher should play in her room for a bit.

I go upstairs to check on them 20 or 30 minutes later and Asher had somehow gotten the bag of Doritos (which are in a locked cabinet that was still locked, so go figure) and they had eaten some and dumped a bunch in my NEWLY VACUUMED living room. So I sent them back into Mara's room to vacuum again. Finished and then told Mara I was going to go rest again because I needed to lie down.

Another 20 minutes or so later, Asher comes to me and is whining because he is all wet, and he hates being wet. I go upstairs to find out why his clothes are all wet and when I get to the top of the stairs, the kitchen is flooded. Mara says Asher was squirting the hose. I had some dishes soaking and they turned on the water and it overflowed all over the floor and I guess they were playing in it. That was about where I lost it. They went back into Mara's room, and luckily Tim came home about 5 minutes later. At least the floor was swept and mopped, so cleaning it up wasn't too bad.

Oh, and to top it all off, I am still pregnant.

1 comment:

megan said...

I had a day like that about a week ago, only instead of cereal it was broken glass, and instead of water, it was honey.

Aren't kids fun?